Saturday, September 10, 2011

Little Things

Ammon and I were playing with the camera the other day when I was taking pictures of Hayden for the birth announcement (oh here's the finished birth announcement):

anyway, Ammon LOVES the camera, and so I always am taking pictures of him and his funny faces that he gives, but the other day he gave a priceless face that I wanted to share:
Taken: 9-8-11
oh I love this kid!!!
Adam is now fully into the fall semester with a full class load and work. On those days we don't see him hardly at all and other days he needed to study. And since we really don't have a "spot" for him to study until the basement is finished, I would like to take the boys and go somewhere or do something so that Ammon's bestest buddy in the world can study without being colored on. So today we are making an apple a day and I'm going to laminate it then write an activity or craft to do for that day (thanks Whitney for the idea!!!) to keep him busy and we can have soemthing fun to do together, especially since he isn't getting all of my attention with Hayden around and some days I'm sure feels neglected and just needs some love.
This coming week we are going to be getting Ammon tested for the state preschool for the Early Intervention that he's in. I'm hoping that he'll be able to get into it just so that he gets more help from teachers who know what they're doing rather than just me, although I have to give myself some kudos because over the last couple weeks Ammon's been saying a lot more words. The more recently found words include: outside, shoes, and juice, so there is improvement so we'll see what happens, if he doesn't get in we'll look into other preschools around here.
Hayden is as cute as a button, but with a funky sleep schedule still. He wakes up and is fully alert from about 10pm until 2am so I'm exhausted and tired during that time and have recently just been on the couch with him on my chest watching Gilmore Girls on dvd (I'm in need of a new series to get on dvd any suggestions?) and talking to him until he conks out and I can go to bed to wake up at 5 or so to nurse then 9am to start the day. Hayden LOVES being on his tummy, and goes to sleep more quickly on his tummy. I know they say to put the baby on his back to sleep but I gotta do what I gotta do so I put him on his tummy and then once he's gone I flip him back over to his back and he usually is content for the duration of the nap. He rarely sleeps in the bassinet and his car seat as become the bed of choice with the least amount of fussing. He's also a binky lover, having a binky in about half the time he's awake.
I am feeling as good as new but know that I still need to take it easy, but it's still hard to do sometimes. I've started another blog to keep all the ideas that I come across for the boys to do or that I want to do all organized so it's easy to get some ideas. I'm also busy keeping up with the house and the mountain of laundry that comes from Hayden and Ammon put together.

1 comment:

  1. Great to have an update. Thanks! We won't make it for the blessing :( Sorry, but we'll try to get up to see our boys soon. Can't wait for the Thanksgiving visit from you all.

    ReplyDelete