Saturday, April 16, 2011

A New Baby

Yes that's right, a new blog to come with a new baby. We haven't really kept a family blog but thought we would give it a whirl to keep family and friends up to date on the happenings of our little family. For those that don't already know... we're having another little boy to make his appearance end of August-beginning of September. We have already picked out his name as I love being able to call him by his name instead of "the baby" sounds more real I think, anyways... his name is going to be Hayden W Jensen (for those that are thinking what the W is for... It doesn't stand for anything it's just an initial that we're giving him the initial from my dad). We are both excited and nervous for this new addition. Cravings for this one are: strawberries, grapes, watermelon, celery, and hamburgers... oh oh and raspberry milkshakes mmmmm

 We are getting Ammon's room all ready with a "big" bed, it's a daybed from my parents (THANKS!!), a fun little car mat, a dresser and closet. We're going to be getting him moved in soon so that he can get adjusted by himself and can have the midnight "I'm scared" without a newborn on top of the tragedy.
Ammon is a happy little 2 1/2 year old. He figured out today that if he would drag his stool into the kitchen he could play in the water while Mom did dishes, good times. His favorite things include drinks with straws, lining up cars or animals, playing with chalk, saying 'boo' through paper towel or toilet paper rolls, and of course bath time or any water activity (CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!). His favorite movie is the Toy Story trilogy, he longer takes naps but I still enjoy a "quiet time". He enjoys chicken nuggets, peanut butter and honey sandwiches, goldfish, muffins, and teddy grahams and juice boxes on Sunday. We're attempting the potty training and that is interesting (PS If you have any tips please feel free to let me know!)
Adam is plunging through school, he'll be going to school in the summer with no break to get more work in. Graduating Spring 2012, the light is truly at the end of the tunnel for his education. We both are very excited for that day! He is currently working for H&R Block doing tech support but Monday may be his last day depending on if they will keep him or not. Monday will be the tell all, with a week leave while they reorganize, so keep fingers and toes crossed that he stays he's abotu 75% sure.
I am doing the stay at home mom/wife thing. Speaking of which I gotta set out the rolls to rise. Oh and the chicken in the crock pot. Note: chicken in the crock pot is far better than in the oven mmmmm with mashed potatoes and carrots I think :)  I'm currently reading President Monson's biography, which is turning out really good. Highly recommended! Not much else is happening with me, I am very grateful of where I am and the job that I have :)
We are planning a garden with lots of yummy stuff and I can't wait to get some produce fresh.MMMM We are also going to try one more time to get grass to go in the yard, this year seems to be going better.
Ammon's muffin is almost gone with crumbs all over the floor so until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Jess! Sounds like you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got you bookmarked so better keep things current! Love to keep up...

    ReplyDelete